Helping Entrepreneurs Discover Community & Capacity
The Innovation Centre is connected with a broad range of high calibre local, regional, national and international networks, which give our members the best chance to dream big, make history and succeed not just locally but globally.
The Centre’s community includes mentors from a range of specialisations as well as advisors, business partners, venture capitalists and private and public sector contacts.
Tech-savvy regions like Silicon Valley grow significantly because of strong intellectual capital and human networks. The Innovation Centre has created a vibrant ecosystem which supports this kind of development on the Sunshine Coast and is motivated by providing a disruptive, innovative approach to entrepreneurship which takes a multifaceted and communal approach.
Many of member companies and alumni have excelled in their respective fields. Highlights for 2016 include:
- Typefi Systems won the 2016 Small Business Exporter of the Year Award at the Queensland and Australian Export Awards, and has become a world-leading provider of automated publishing software.
- iDcare was positively acknowledged by the Commonwealth Government, media and community for its leadership in relation to identity concerns and cyber security response protocols.
- Seven ICSC members, including AusIDentities, Sunlife SuperFoods, Hive Haven, Italic Creative, Innovate Media, Spare Harvest and TruTeq, were finalists at the Sunshine Coast Business Awards, where Student WOWcard founder Daniel Proctor was also named Sunshine Coast Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Four ICSC mentors/founders were acknowledged by Advance Queensland for their achievements in 2016, and were recognised as Queensland Digital Champions.
- The Sunshine Coast was named as one of the world’s Smart 21 Communities and recognised for applying digital technologies and innovation to enable enhanced economic and social outcomes. ICSC and USC capability contributed to the strength of this submission.